Superficial (the story of a mad girl)

In this small, darkling room situated at the 5th floor of the building, whose walls were covered by old shelves stocked with books that engulf centuries of wisdom and knowledge, she was sitting quietly on her armchair, caressed by the delicate warm light emanated by an ancient lamp. Unforeseen, a powerful manly voice cuts the air impregnated with the smell of old books:
- What do you think is humanity biggest flaw, my darling? he asked with a firm but playful tone.
- I'd rather focus on the qualities, but if you already asked this I would say that the biggest flaw of humanity, nowadays,  is superficiality.
-Tell me more, my love.
- Look around, see these mountains of information we possess and easily have access to, but still, many people don't even know that Helena Petrovna or Helen Keller ever existed. I didn't until I met you. We tend to live in this superficial world thinking that we own a life, but we don't. We forget ourselves in screens, in glasses of wine, in nights in the clubs. We think we know what we are doing. We think that having an idea over a subject is enough to be considered a master of the field. We forget to let existence manifest through our beings. We forget to actually be. We forget even to breathe properly. I was there, right on that path some time ago. I was lost, sick and in pain. There was no coherence between my body, my mind and my spirit for a long time, but I think the universe wanted me to find myself and sent me a book that shifted my world and opened my eyes. And if a book did that to me, I wonder how I would feel after reading all these books that surround us. I will be able to create, to access knowledge, to innovate, to raise the quality of my life in an unimaginable way. I can feel that moment approaching. Only in that moment, I could affirm about myself that I've escape the prison of superficiality. There are many people incarcerated in it, and the saddest fact of them all is that many don't even know, and the rest have no idea of how to escape. I wonder how this world will change if each and every one of us will have a similar experience as mine and be jogged by a book or by an event and will start to seek deeper into themselves.
Her glance was sparkling with joy and excitement when it met his deep coppery eyes at the very moment she ceased her utterance. She said all these with a trembling voice, a voice that expressed so much emotion and vulnerability but an incredible power of affirmation in the same time. This voice, despite seeming insecure at the surface, was, in fact, expressing a genuine confidence that was never felt before in her tone. This voice was the expression of her accepting her past and owning her present and realizing that what she's about to become will shock the world, or at least her own world, her own mad world. In those moments she finally gave herself permission to be whatever she has to be, and forgiveness for not being who she was supposed to be all this time. She accepted failure as a part of the growth process and the fire inside her started to expand. She was owning herself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost again... (the story of a mad girl)

Life.

Purpose.